


Last Tuesday I turned 29. I can't believe it. In one year I will officially be what I used to think was "kinda old." Oh well.
I had a wonderful birthday this year. It was one of those years where there were no expectations, nothing I really wanted, nothing I was dying to do, and I wanted to spend it with my kids too, so we decided to keep it low key.
During the day, I allowed myself to answer my birthday phone calls and talk while sitting on the couch instead of cleaning. I didn't do any work. My kids were fantastic, at Cub Scouts they made me cupcakes--you know, just one of those great days. I really love my birthday.
I had outlined how I wanted the night to go--in an email to my hubby, and everything went according to plan. We ate dinner at Rubio's (fish tacos) and we all shook our booties in the booth to the cool Latin music, we stopped at the mall where they got me my favorite perfume (Zestini from Body Shop) and I snagged 2 clearance shirts at Forever 21. We then went home to gorge on a Dairy Queen Blizzard cake (French silk, with a personal message on top). A few friends brought over really nice gifts and we just had a wonderful day. But, my hubby would never let me off the hook without a great surprise.
He got me tickets to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, which was the hugest surprise (it was sold out and he worked his magic.) He is the kindest, most thoughtful husband and so much fun. Later we put the kids to bed and curled up to a movie. Is that a great Tuesday or what? Many times during the day, I stopped to reflect and I could hardly believe the kind of happy and peaceful life I ended up with. I am so amazingly blessed.
24 comments:
Yeah, happy birthday! Glad to hear Mike followed orders. I love that he got you SYTYCD tickets, I got mine before they sold out because I signed up to get a text message 1 hour before the tickets went on sale... YES i am a HUGE DORK...
Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great one!
okay, but you need to AUDITION for sytycd! The cutoff is 30.... it's not too late!!!!!!! =)
Hey Woman, Happy Birthday. Just remember you get too be 29 ; ) every year from now!
Happy Birthday Brooke! I am so jealous about the SYTYCD tickets. Say Hi to Will for me! :)
happy happy birthday! ummm can i come to sytycd? they of course don't come here- i checked! :) have so much fun, i am jealous. i love how mike takes care of you. wish we could have celebrated with you.
Happy Birthday! I agree with the cake: you are a hot mom. I would freak out with SYTYCD tickets too, so enjoy it! Maybe you should take Danielle's advice and audition for next season ;)
Happy Belated Birthday Cuz! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you on your day! Enjoy your last year in your 20's!
SO glad you had a great day! You totally deserve it : )
Happy Be-lated Birthday Brooke! To me you still look like you did when you were an Accadian!
You are a doll!
Happy Birthday! I totally remebered but I am so bad at calling, & my computer died (I am at my brothers). Sounds like you had a great day - you deserve it!
Happy Birthday Brooke!! Sounds like you had a great day. And what a fun surprise. My husband is so not good at surprises.
Happy Birthday to you!! Yeah! I forgot our birthdays were so close together. Looks like your cute family took very good care of you on you Happy Day!
happy happy birthday brookie dear. I truly am not ignoring you, but our phones have been a bit out of whack lately. I will call you tomorrow for sho. I miss you and am sad I could not join you at rubios on your birthday.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day and I am totally jealous of your SYTYCD tickets!
Happy Birthday! Cool of Mike to get those tickets- I love that show- the concert will be fun!
Funny how your perspective on what's old changes as you get older! I never thought I'd make it to 32, I thought I may as well be dead, I'd be so old!
Happy late bday brooke. Are you in cubscouts too? One more year until the big one!
Sounds like a great b-day! Love the cake.
happy late birthday! i can't believe we are one year apart! what the!? you look amazing! and what a great bday! sounds like soo much fun!
the cake looks divine! and what a great surprise from your hubby! how wonderful!
sorry this is soo belated! i haven't been on the computer in forever.
LOVE YOU!
UMMM duh and hello! you DID have your bday! already! i was just like OUT OF it! hello heather! i am sorry! i said in my post above.. bday!? when!? and still i don't know the exact date!
love you! hope everything is wonderful!!!
UMMM duh and hello! you DID have your bday! already! i was just like OUT OF it! hello heather! i am sorry! i said in my post above.. bday!? when!? and still i don't know the exact date!
love you! hope everything is wonderful!!!
UMMM duh and hello! you DID have your bday! already! i was just like OUT OF it! hello heather! i am sorry! i said in my post above.. bday!? when!? and still i don't know the exact date!
love you! hope everything is wonderful!!!
Happy BIRTHDAY! I love your day, not too fancy but still memorable and fun. I LOVE the birthday cake message.
Post a Comment