Sunday, May 12, 2013

Playing Catch Up

 Life has been crazy around here. Spring has sprung and I can hardly keep my feet under me, but I love it. I realized that I had missed blogging all of life's little adventures so here is my attempt to catch up. 

April brought big news to our neck of the woods...Michigan in the final 4 and then in the championship game. Boys stayed up so late, then celebrated with a run to the store for celebratory root beer. It was a great week to be a Michigander. 



Pierce kept getting older, bigger, smarter and more fun. The boys are still totally crazy about him. He started playing toys with the boys and I could watch him play imaginary games forever.



Funny to note, but Mike is awesome. Found my diaper bag cleaned out, washed and hung to dry one weekend while he was home. What husband does that? He is awesome!

Got to attend a fun cooking class with Mike's work at Ann Arbor Cooks. Yummy stuff!


We started all of our sports craziness...James, Jace and Parker are all playing baseball and Parker is also playing travel soccer and Jace flag football in a low key league. It's busy but so fun. The boys are all doing well and loving it. Parker attended his first away soccer tournament, and their team looked really good. I love the sports world with these boys!


We took the boys to the Reptile Zoo and they loved it, especially Pierce! We loved  hearing him exclaim over every bird, frog and turtle. Life through the eyes of a 19 month old is a beautiful and exciting place!

Mike and I went to his company party which was in an awesome hotel downtown with fun entertainment and good food. He works for a great company and we love the little perks.
The boys participated in their very first piano recital and they did such an awesome job. Holly Harris is their teacher and I love that she knows exactly how to motivate each one of them. I am so proud of the progress they have made this year. 

Jace was great. Being able to perform was really motivational and fun for him. 

Parker loves the piano the most of all the boys and loves to practice. His song had been  perfect for weeks but he was so nervous and got flustered. He made it through but played it again for us after the recital, perfect as always

James has had a great first year of piano and his teacher cannot believe how quickly he is learning.  He was great at the recital. 




Mike got to take Jace and Parker with him for "Take your Kids to Work" day. It was really cool for them to see where dad works and what he does. His office had cool things planned for the kids to do. They each did a presentation at the end about how to "Better your Community." Most of the kids talked about recycling or something like that and my boys did a presentation on "Using your bow and arrow safely and hunting." Mike said it was hilarious, especially because we don't hunt. We had a little chat about giving people what they ask for as opposed to what you want to write or present about. Love my boys. 

May has been just as crazy and just as fun!

We said good bye to amazing friends but know we will stay in touch. We love the Osbornes so much and are so excited for their new adventure. 
Spring came to Ann Arbor in all its beauty. It really is a great place to be in the springtime, except for my horrible allergies that knock me out. I filled all my prescriptions and am hoping for a better year. 



Pierce has spent endless hours watching practices and games. He is a total pill at games but we love him anyway. 






All 3 of my boys were chosen for the Saline Art Show. I have no idea where they got their artistic talent, but I am so proud of them! They have amazing talents. 

Pierce and I have spent HOURS playing outside. He is totally obsessed with being outside ALL OF THE TIME. He runs everywhere and is FAST and he is so brave and tough. Literally no fear. We were at a park last week and another dad couldn't believe all the climbing, sliding and running he was doing without my help. He is a total crazy.

Pierce LOVES playing "Where's Piercey?" I love that he really thinks we can't see him when he hides his eyes. I CANNOT believe everything he has learned and is saying at this point. When the doctor asked about how many words he had I told him I couldn't even count. It's amazing every day to hear all he has learned. He is also trying to say his words properly now with the correct sounds. It's awesome. 

I love watching my boys on a Sunday reading the scriptures together. They love these scripture stories. 
I got to meet my cute friend, Sara Parry for lunch in Ann Arbor. We have not seen each other for 18 years and we  started back up like there had been no time missed at all. I love old friends! 
So far it's been one busy and amazing spring. Looking forward to the rest of it!!

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

You are darling and busy! I love everything you are doing. You are amazing! Keep posting it all.

Kim said...

What an incredible fun spring. I love seeing everything you do! You inspire me. Keep it up! And Pierce is seriously the cutest baby boy EVER!

Melanie said...

Gah! How cute is that Pierce of yours! His eyes melt me. And your wardrobe inspires me.