Sunday, December 02, 2012

James is 6!!




Spotlight on James at 6

My favorite food is: meatballs
My favorite sport is: football and golf
The best show on TV is:  Sponge Bob
The coolest person in the world is:  grandpa
My best subject in school is: music
I'm really awesome at:  riding bikes
If I could change my name, it would be: I like my name
My favorite color is: yellow and blue
When I grow up I want to be: an artist
My parents are too strict about:  playing the computer
My favorite song is:  flying purple people eater
My favorite book is:  non-fiction animal books
3 words that describe me are:  smart, nice, funny
When I was little, I used to:  play with balls
My favorite scripture story is:  Samuel the Lamanite
My favorite primary song is: Lullaby Little One
My favorite season is: winter
The best snack ever is: gogo squeeze
The food that makes me want to barf is: squash
My best friend is: Noah and Coltin and Cade
If I had one wish it would be: to have a little kid real car
The best thing that has happened to me this year is:  I had my birthday
One thing I want to learn to do this year is:  type fast
One thing I need to work on:  not whining
The most important lesson I've learned this year is: to not whine

Dear Jamesey. We love you so much and we are so grateful to be your parents. This has been such a big year for you and we are so proud of how you have handled all the changes. You are an amazing boy with so many talents. You are such an individual. We love that you are so comfortable in your own skin, doing what makes you happy. We love watching as you create games for yourself or just enjoy nature or the ocean or pool. We love that you can be happy anywhere. On the flip side, you have lots of friends and are a great friend, always willing to play what others want to play. You are wonderful to your brothers and love them so much. I can't imagine what their lives would be like without you. You love sports and playing rough with Jace, you love art and reading and quiet time like Parker and you love to drive Pierce crazy but he loves you for it. You are so smart. Your teacher told us, "I'm sometimes not sure what to do with him!" You are reading chapter books and your mind is like a steal trap with math. Your teacher is searching out ways to keep your mind going...but she loves that you still enjoy being a Kindergartener and are so happy in class. I see you always wanting to learn more and take more in. The other day you brought home homework that asked you to sort and draw the money you find in your house...you dumped our our change jar, sorted it, counted it all, added it all up together and came out with $12.37. You were right. Your memory is crazy. We love watching you develop and grow. This year, you were an amazing soccer player, aggressive and goal-scoring. We can't wait to see you play other sports. You are not shy, but you HATE the spotlight and shy away from it any time you can. You don't like to be noticed or put on the spot and will refuse adamantly to do things when someone forces you to.  You are stubborn and sometimes uncontrollably silly, but we love it. You are kind-hearted and sweet. You don't like others to feel badly and your teacher tells us you are always helpful and respectful to others and a good friend to everyone.  You LOVE your extended family, all of them. You talk about them and recount memories with them. They are so special to you. At home you have grown up so much and are much better at helping and responding. My heart broke a little when I had Pierce because you were no longer my baby...we had so many years, just the two of us at home. You are still my baby :). You have always been the funny one, and you still are so funny...sometimes we shouldn't laugh but we can't help it. You are growing up way too fast with 2 older brothers and I wish I could slow it all down. I love it when you act your 6 year old self or get to play with dinosaurs with a friend. We are so grateful you are in our family and cannot wait to see what life has in store for you. Happy Birthday to the handsomest 6 year old around.
All my love,
Mom

4 comments:

heather said...

Oh my gosh he is too cute! I can't believe he's 6! I love your birthday questionnaires. I may have to steal this one if you don't mind!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Randomly today Joshua asked about James. At first I didn't know who he was talking about until he said, "James from Michigan." He was asking about James's older brothers. I think he is lamenting being the only boy in the family. I can't believe that they are 6! So fun.

Nicole said...

Oh he is adorable!! So handsome! I can't believe he is 6! Sounds like a really fun kid to have around.

The Martin Family said...

Holy Handsome! He is adorable and I love your post! I really need to start doing this. Great idea!!
p.s. move back to Utah!