Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Four.


I love 4. It's such a great age. And this boy...man, is he fun. We spend so much time together. He is my little sidekick and there is no one better friend to have tag along. He's so pleasant and inquisitive...our conversations are full of funny moments, crazy questions and lots of giggles.

He LOVED celebrating his birthday, and boy did we celebrate.


Big party with all our neighborhood friends...games, scavenger hunt, treats...
Look at all these cute kiddos.
Breakfast with dad. We love this tradition. I'm pretty sure James happily ate his way through his birthday.
Doughnuts for preschool...his choice.

Brownies, candles and ice cream...again, his choice.


And presents! Oh how he loved getting everything for himself. He got some really good stuff. His favorite? Real tools, like dad's. All the other boys were a little jealous.
And for dinner? Cheese pizza with our own rootbeer. Such a treat. He was exhausted and so full by the end of the day :)

Each day I am so grateful to have this little boy in my life. I'm especially grateful for all the time we've had to spend together. He loves snuggling with me and reading book for as long as I will read. He loves me to carry him when I can. I just enjoy him so much and have to admit...it's a little hard watching him get so big. Every day I ask if I can shrink him. He always says, "There is no such thing as a shrinking machine." Wish there was. We have lots of songs, rhymes and sayings we do together all the time. Whenever I say, "So how much do you love me?" He says, "More than you can guess."
So, Mr. James...I L-O-V-E Love you all the T-I-M-E Time. I K-I-S-S Kiss you and I'm glad that you are MINE!

4 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Cute kid for sure! I love that he loves to eat. You would never know that. Looks like he is lucky and has your genes.
Happy Birthday James!

Shawn and Nina Olsen said...

What a fun filled birthday, a great mom you are!

Melanie said...

He's so adorable. He looks so much like you! Four really is such a great age, although I loved 3 just as much. Happy birthday James!

Alison Wilde said...

James...what a cutie! Don't these littlest guys know they CAN'T grow up on us??? I love that you guys have a breakfast birthday tradition!! So fun to have things like that for little boys and big boys to look forward to!!