It's been 6 years since we've had a real fall, and oh man are we enjoying it! Here are a few highlights:
Berry Picking! We visited a farm where they let you pick your own raspberries, blackberries and blueberries and caught the tail end of berry season. We can't wait for apple picking and Cider Mills! Yum and fun!
Trees! The trees are just beginning to turn gorgeous colors. This is the tree right outside our door...isn't it lovely? Plus, there is still blue sky and decently warm temperatures.
Nature Collections! Parker had to collect nature items for school and he found so many. His bag was full of leaves, acorns, sticks and pinecones.
Leaves! The kids love raking, playing, throwing and jumping in them. Hours of entertainment.

Bugs, worms, roly polies! James' day isn't complete without a collection of them.

Animals! This is what we see on our way to school. Literally at the intersection of 2 main roads we took the pictures out my car window. James always wants me to bring my camera every where we go just in case we spot an animal.


We've all come to the same conclusion.
Fall is definitely NOT over rated. We have loved every second of the cooler weather and gorgeous surroundings. If any of you are thinking of a visit to Ann Arbor...fall is the time!
6 comments:
I agree! When my parents lived in Plymouth, Michigan, we would visit in September or October. Gorgeous! We went to apple orchards and did the hay rides. Oh, how I miss the Michigan fall!
Have you met Melissa and Dave Johnson? They were in our ward in Houston when Mike was going to Baylor, but they live in Ann Arbor now and are going to the U of Michigan. I can't tell if that is Haley, their daughter in that picture up top.
I am so jealous!! I'm sure I don't need to remind you what "Fall" in arizona is like. Sounds like this is going to be a great 2 years for the Romneys!
I love fall! How fun that you have all that cool stuff around! We've had many similar things available living on the east coast for many years now. Did you get to see fireflies, or were they gone by the time you moved there? They're one of my favorite things.
i know we are loving fall!!! it has been 5 years for us which just seems like forever. so it has only cooled down for the past 2 days here. bradens sat soccer game was 97 and humid. ugh. but this week- soo fun! we are excited to watch a football game and have it actually feel and smell like football! random I know. love that you are settling in and had a welcoming crew. troy and i had to laugh- only you guys would have a welcoming crew!!
Oh fall! How jealous I am that you get it now! Enjoy it for me!
Jealous!! (Did you know it's 105 degrees today?) Today I taught about fall at preschool. It was kinda hard, especially since we have NO signs of fall here! I had to explain that in someplaces in the world, tree leaves turn different colors in the fall. I blew their minds!
Post a Comment